1. What size of a tag should I choose?
Well, it’s your personal choice - some people prefer the tag to be smaller like a usual name tag, some people want it to be bigger and more visible. However, when making a decision, be mindful of your dog’s comfort - too big and too heavy tag may disturb your pup.
I created a simplified guide to sizing based on popular dog breeds:
- Extra small* - Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Toy Poodle, Shih Tzu, Pug, Pomernian
- Small - Beagle, Shiba Inu, French Bulldog, English Cocker Spaniel, Sheltie, Welsh Corgi
- Medium - Toller, Whippet, Border Collie, Vizsla, Shikoku, smaller Siberian Husky
- Large - bigger Siberian Husky, Dalmatian, Samoyed, Labrador Retriever, Australian Shepherd, Boxer
- Extra large* - Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, White Swiss Shepherd
*If I don’t have any XS small tags in stock, message me - I usually have some extra small slices ready to be painted
**If your dog is bigger, e.g. Malamute, Saint Bernard or Great Dane, message me as I have XXL slices as well :)
2. How to order a custom tag?
- select size (extra small, small, medium, large, extra large) and a shape of a tag (oval/teardrop, oblong, antler tip, burr)
- think about a design that you would like me to paint for you and a colour palette to be used - it can be something based on my tag’s collection or something completely different
- message me to check if the size/shape is available and to discuss a design with me
- order a tag in a selected size and shape from the products’ collection
- wait 4-6 weeks and enjoy your new tag <3
3. Are the tags waterproof and resistant?
Antlers are naturally resistant and they have been carved for decorative and tool usages for centuries. They are very hard and should not suffer from chipping or other breakage during everyday usage. I’m doing my best to ensure that tags are waterproof. Tags are sealed with a layer of highly resistant epoxy resin that protects the paint.
However, it must be remembered that they are an organic material that can behave differently when exposed to different pressures and weather conditions. Some antlers are naturally more porous than the others but that’s the beauty of natural resources :)
4. Is any deer harmed in the process of making the tags?
No, the tags are made from the antlers shed during a natural process occurring each year between January and March.
5. Why are some of the tags sold out and when the new collection will be available?
Studio Zorya is a small business that creates all the tags by hand. Creating tags is a process involving preparing antler slices, painting the motives and sealing the surface. It takes time and a dose of inspiration :) If the tags from current collection are sold out, don’t worry - you can still order a custom tag! Just message me and I’ll let you know what’s the processing time - usually it’s not longer than 4 weeks (or tiny bit longer if they have to be shipped very far). Also, make sure you follow us on Instagram to be up to date with the release dates of the new collections.
6. Do the tags come with a collar attachment?
Yes. Each tag, depending on its size, comes with one or two split key rings that can be directly attached to the collar. We offer S-biner and lobster clasp hardware upgrade which is a durable stainless-steel double-gated carabiner featuring lockable gates. The S-biner allows you to quickly attach, detach, and secure your pet's ID tags to the D-ring of their collar or harness.